About This Product :
- Jaggery, also known as “gur”, is cane sugar obtained from cane (or palm) sap. It is popular in South Asia, Southeast Asia and some other parts of the world.
- The jaggery production process involves extracting the sap from the sugar cane (or palm tree). This juice is then boiled and evaporated, leaving a thick mass that hardens and becomes jaggery. The final product is thick, dark brown or golden in color, and its taste is sweet, but with subtle caramel and molasses notes.
- Jaggery is appreciated not only for its sweet taste but also for its health benefits. It is rich in minerals such as iron, potassium and magnesium and contains B vitamins. Jaggery is also a source of antioxidants.
- Jaggery is widely used in cooking, both for preparing sweets and for sweetening various dishes. It is often used in traditional desserts such as laddu, gulab jamun and payasam, as well as as an ingredient in vegetarian and vegan cuisine. Moreover, jaggery is used in some regions as a natural medicine for various ailments such as cough and digestive problems.
- It is worth adding that jaggery is a more natural and less processed source of sweetness than white sugar, which makes it more desirable for those who strive for a healthier lifestyle.
Country of Origin : India